Have you taken a minimum of 6 high school courses at the university (U/M) level?
- Will you have completed all the requirements of the OSSD?
- Do you have the required courses for admission? (Ontario Universities’ Info) (Formerly eINFO)
- Have you earned the minimum grades for the program(s) you intend to apply to? (Ontario Universities’ Info) (Formerly eINFO)
- Does the school and / or program you intend to apply to have a penalty for repeated courses?
- Will you study full time or part time?
- Do you have an Individual Education Plan (IEP)?
- Are there any supplemental application / admission requirements?
- When will I apply to university? Before the January 15, 2021 deadline!
- Are you considering attending school in the U.S. on an athletic scholarship? ( https://www.ncaa.com/,https://www.ncaa.org/ and https://www.collegeboard.org/ )
- Have you visited the campus / attended an open house? (https://www.ontariouniversitiesinfo.ca/universities/events?sort=university&type=&month=all) Cancelled Fall 2020. Some universities offering “virtual tours”.
- Do you know where and when the OUF / local UIP’s are taking place? Both Cancelled Fall 2020
- Will you require residence, commute or live off campus?
- Have you compared the cost of the programs at the schools you will be applying to?
- Are the necessary funds available to cover the cost of your anticipated expenses?
- How do you contact an Ontario university? (https://www.electronicinfo.ca/universities)
- How can I finance my education (https://www.edvice4you.com/services/money-matters/)
- University Rankings? MacLean’s University Guide 2020.
Edvice4you can help with all of the above!
(Link to Universities in Ontario: (https://www.electronicinfo.ca/universities)
(Link to Universities Outside Ontario https://www.univcan.ca/universities/member-universities/ )
Beyond Graduation Fair : University of Guelph https://www.recruitguelph.ca/cecs/students-alumni/further-education/beyond-graduation-educational-opportunities-fair
(UCAS: https://www.ucas.com/) U.K. University and College Application Service
(The Common Application: https://www.commonapp.org/) One application for over 800 U.S. universities in 47 states and D.C. Also includes Austria, France, Germany, Italy, Switzerland and the U.K.